Monday, February 15, 2010

Ft Collins, Colorado

A few weeks ago I was able to get out of town for a little vacation. I went to see one of my best friends from college, Amanda, and her new husband, Geoff. It was wonderful! Just being able to relax and only take care of myself for a few days was amazing. I would recommend that to ALL you stay-at-home-moms!

I flew into Denver on a really clear day! The snow-capped mountains were beautiful. Amanda picked me up and we drove to Boulder to relax at the Celestial Seasonings Tea Room. We took the little tour of the factory and then just chilled-out, drank free hot tea, and caught up on life.

On Sunday I was able to help Amanda with her Kindergarten Class at church, sit it on their membership class, and then worship. Its always nice to have a break from your own church and experience how God is working on the other side of the country.


Monday I went with Amanda to her new job at a school doing the K-5 before and after school program. Monday night's at the Olmstead's house is pizza and tv night! We ordered pizza, watched some of Geoff and Amanda's favorite shows, and then they attempted to make brownies. I'm pretty sure all they had to do was add water and bake....but it seemed to be a challenge:)

Amanda took me to "Old Town" in Ft. Collins. We had fun wandering in and out of the shops and posing for fun pictures on the walking streets...




On the way back to the airport to say our sad goodbye, We pulled over to take a few mountain pictures. Of course I've seen mountains before but seeing the range covered in snow during the winter was a first for me!



Thanks Geoff and Amanda for letting me visit! I had a wonderful little vacation and look forward to hosting you when you get the chance to come to Florida!

1 comment:

the Johnsons said...

ahh, that's a great picture of you two with the mountains :)