Friday, April 24, 2009

Oprah

I went to Oprah's website because I was interested in reading about what she said on Earth Day. I was distracted by the headline "Are You Bikini-Ready-13 Shortcuts to a Better Beach Body." I was really disgusted at what I saw...

1. Breast Implants
2. Liposuction for Love Handles
3. Liposuction for your tummy
4. Fat Disolving Injections (yes-with a needle!)

The list went on, but I definitely quit reading. What in the heck happended to good old exercise and eating healthy?! Come on America....are you just lazy?

5 comments:

Preacher Crowe said...

The answer would be "Yes" America is lazy. Not just with our bodies but with that part of us that uses and works on reason or logic

Unknown said...

That is really sad! The really sad thing is too (not that I am perfect about it) but it feels good to eat healthy and work out (well at least most of the time)!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Everything about Oprah is dangerous.....especially her world view and "religion." Beware

O said...

I'm not sure if it is all laziness; certainly for some it is. For others I think it's a shift in lifestyle/priorities. More time is spent at work, and free time has become mostly sedentary activities (TV, movie going, going out to eat, even sports events). Being physically fit just isn't a top priority in our culture (looking good is, being healthy-not so much). On top of that healthy eating is so hard to do with all of the crap in our food, as well as the enormous amount of fast food we have. Does America look for the quick fix? Yes. Is it laziness? Not always.